Our Front Door to Lake LBJ
About Our Park
Nestled in the center of Kingsland along Lake LBJ, fishermen looking for the catch-of-the-day and families searching for a free place to picnic and access swimming have discovered the Kingsland Community Park. Boaters can pay to launch their boats from the newly extended ramp.
The Kingsland/Lake LBJ Chamber maintains the Kingsland Community Park through donations and user fees. These provide the improvements that have made the park more attractive, safe and user-friendly for residents and guests.
Kingsland Community Park, on the shores of Lake LBJ, is a public-access park.
Public Boat Ramp & Docks
There are several ways to pay to launch:
- Residential fee for launching private watercraft at the park’s ramp remains $10 per launch — $5 to launch and $5 to retrieve their boats.
- An annual pass of $150 allows for unlimited residential launches.
- Businesses using the boat ramp for any commercial purpose pay an annual user fee of $750 annually for an unlimited access pass.
- No city funding is provided for maintenance of this park—your fee supports improvements.
- Three 20′ Boat Docks for Day Docking.
- Available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
available to rent!
- Rental fee is $200 per day plus a $100 refundable deposit
- Large, air-conditioned building central room
- Two restrooms
- Kitchen w/pass through
- Tables and seating for 100 occupants
- Set up for meetings, reunions, receptions or other events
- Available for rent on a daily, weekend or weekly basis
- Some restrictions do apply
- Overnight lodging is not permitted
Pavilion may be reserved
New fishing pier with rod-holders and cleaning station.
available to reserve!
Pavilion & Picnic Tables
Picnic Tables are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pavilion may be reserved for:
- Birthday parties
- Corporate Events
Since the devastating flood of 2018, the Chamber, with support from park users and grants, has funded safe parking for visitors and boat trailers, a boat ramp extension, a new retaining wall and boat docks. A grant from LCRA funded new bathroom facilities. A donation from Craigen Marine funded a new fishing dock. An irrigation system and dog-waste station ensure the grass by the water is a family-friendly area. A partnership with Keep Kingsland Beautiful and the Kingsland Garden Club enhanced the park with more trees and landscaping.